Sports news and data from STATS Inc.
Provide the ultimate multimedia sports experience to your online or print audience
Make your website or print publication the “go-to” source audiences turn to for up-to-date sports news and data from STATS Inc., the world's leading sports information, content and statistical analysis company. The STATS feed, available in Canada from The Canadian Press, provides in-progress scores and updated information on your audience’s favourite sport, league, team or player.
STATS product offerings
- Post-game or real-time data feeds: Extensive, customized data ranging from pre-game analysis, in-game score updates, real-time scoreboards, box scores and leaderboards to schedules and standings, player stats, career, team, game or season stats and statistical splits.
- Reliable, editorial news and information: Content from The Associated Press ranging from the top 10 daily sports headlines and global sports stories to sports photos and sound bites from in the locker room or on the field.
: A complete turn-key solution for websites that packages STATS content, real-time scores, statistics, photos, editorial and fantasy sports for the sport(s) of interest to your audience.
: A password-protected online database that allows users to research statistics for MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL and NCAA football and basketball. Custom reports can be pulled that tap into a wealth of historical data such as statistical leaders and trailers, splits, situational breakdowns and player and team game logs and rankings.
55,000 sporting events across 85 sports covered each year
Coverage includes stories, scores and results of professional leagues from:
- Auto Racing: Busch Series
Champ, Craftsman Truck Series,
Formula One, IRL, Nextel Cup
- Baseball: MLB, Minor League, Caribbean World Series, Japan Pacific, League and Central League, Mexican Pacific League, World Baseball Classic
- Basketball: NBA, WNBA, NCAA, Australian NBL, Continental Basketball Association, National Basketball Development League
- Boxing: IBF, WBA, WBC
- Cricket: Cricket World Cup, One Day International, Test Cricket
- Cycling: Giro d’Italia, Tour De France
Vuelta a Espana
- Football: CFL, NFL, NCAA Division FBS and FCS, Arena Football League
- Hockey: NHL
- Golf: PGA, LPGA, NCAA, Seniors, Masters, European Tour & Buy.com
- Lacrosse: National League Lacrosse
- Olympics: Summer and Winter
- Rugby: National Rugby League, Rugby Union, Rugby World Cup, State of Origin Series, Super 14
- Soccer: MLS, WUSA & World Cup, more
- Tennis: ATP, WTA
ALSO AVAILABLE: Fantasy sports services
With over 20 years of fantasy game marketing experience serving clients such as Sports Illustrated, EA Sports, Fox Interactive Media, the NBA and Major League Soccer, STATS develops traditional and custom fantasy games for websites and wireless applications:
- Salary Cap game: Contestants select their own group of players or teams that have been assigned dollar values based on past performance. Contestants earn points based on the performance of their players or teams.
- Pick' em game: Contestants pick the winners of specific game(s) and winners are chosen based on the most correct predictions.
- Commissioner game: An online simulation software tool used by groups of friends to "draft" players and manage their own league using custom rules and scoring.
Find out more about STATS and how it can help make your website or print publication the source audiences trust for the latest in sports.
Need multimedia content to engage online audiences?
The Canadian Press also provides interactive graphics and video clips that can bring the news to life for your website visitors.