Guide de rédaction ($32.95)
Order your copy online (ISBN 0920009360)
Now available from La Presse Canadienne, Canada’s bilingual news agency, this handy reference book answers your questions on writing cleanly, accurately and concisely in French. A reliable resource with easy-to-follow guidelines, the Guide de rédaction
has been consulted by journalists for more than 35 years as they deliver hundreds of stories each day to newspapers, broadcasters and websites.
It is also a valuable guide for students, professors, magazine writers, editors and public relations or communications professionals who need to ensure their press releases follow the writing standards used by the media.
Winner of a prestigious award from the Office québécois de la langue française
The Guide de rédaction was originally earmarked for the “French in the workplace” category but the final jury decided to honour it with a special prize because of the excellence of the publication, said jury president Guy Dumas.
“The jury was really taken with the book and that's why we decided to hand out this special prize,” said Dumas.
Le style - ses pièges La langue - ses lexiques L'éthique - ses lois
This fifth edition – the first in almost fifteen years – features:
French-language lexicon and rules for finding the right expressions and handling typographic and linguistic difficulties.
Glossaries that focus on specific topics such as law and sports, including lists of troublesome words and common mistakes to avoid.
A legal chapter about the judicial system as it applies in Canada and especially in Quebec, plus tips for respecting the law while reporting or writing.
Background information on special industries such as finance and labour, including financial terms and labour relation concepts that can help explain how businesses operate or how unions function.
New sections on writing about terrorism and the Canadian military, as well as writing for and about the Internet.
- Order online.
- Phone 514-985-7202.
- If you are located outside of Canada and would like to purchase hard-copy books, please call 1-800-434-7578 instead of using this online form. Our books department will quote the appropriate cost for international delivery.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may also download and print the order form.pdf and mail it
to us with your payment information.
- Stylebook is the bible consulted by journalists at Canada's national news agency as they deliver hundreds of stories each day to newspapers, broadcasters and Internet sites.
- Caps and Spelling is a companion to the Canadian Press Stylebook. It lists hundreds of the most troublesome words and names in alphabetical order.